Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Vitamins and lipstick


Nordstrom.com

God is in the details.--Mies Van der Rohe


For  inspiration, sometimes a woman is in need of lipstick. Read this: Beauty and the Brain and get yourself a shade darker than pink, preferably something fiery or if you're into summer trends: coral. In the spirit of the election season ramp-up, look for Sarah Palin "red." Never mind.

"Nectarine" by Estee Lauder is also lovely if Sarah Palin "red" doesn't quite suit you. Go ahead now. And if by wondrous default your lips solicit you male attention: your welcome. Please send me a tip on what to do with it.  

 I need a situation to wear my new pair of Jeffery Campbell pumps or they may very well create a situation of their own. But if I can't find one, I'll make one. It's pretty simple: I like them and they like me. 

We may have wandered far from the essentials but what makes for elegance is often that one item of luxury. Employment with Nordstrom will likely welcome more than a few luxuries into my wardrobe, posing an indefinite exercise in self-control. I hope it does not implode my savings plan.  

I  also think it best to continue taking vitamins. In lieu of cardio, vitamins are magic, especially D as I believe the sun has "left the building" this June. Due to lack of sunlight, this unashamed nerd-out moment actually happened en-route to the mall:

Jamie: Do you think Victoria Secret has swim suits in yet?
Me: Recalibrating thoughts in silence. (Avoidance)
Jamie: ?
Me: Holman Illustrated Bible dictionary is on hold for me at the library. Can we go?

In any case, my vitamin-enriched, exercise-deficient body and I will soon accept that it is summer and find motivation to come out of hiding. Maybe the lipstick will help. Until then, I'm testing my luck with the library. How many books will they let me have for free? I'm up to seven.. 

1 comment:

  1. 1. Don't tell me they really have a Sarah Palin "red" and this was just playing on the hockey-mom-pig-joke. The woman doesn't even know who Paul Revere is and doesn't deserve a lipstick.

    2. Did you get a job??

    3. I love the library.

    4. Come spend a weekend with me. We'll talk literature and find you a place to wear those heels.

    ReplyDelete